Welcome to The Critter Sermon! Where I will be talking about all things fur, feathered and scaled related! It may be general news stories or the adventures my own critters get up too! We are still new and spreading our wings so come back soon to see how we grow!





Friday 9 September 2011

all quiet in the house for once...

So some of you know that the only job I could find after leaving university was two night shifts in Sainsburys. It is one of them jobs that is the same thing every week. I turn up, the shop is a mess, I clear it up and it is back to being a mess when I start my next shift. I have wanted to work with animals for a while now as it is one of the main things in my life I am passionate about but I have needed that push to get me going. So today I enrolled in an online Companion Animal First Aid Course! I thought that if I do this course it could help me in many animal related jobs as well as helping me with my own animals. My two pups are as clumsy as I am so I know it will come in handy even if I can’t get myself in to a job!

For those who saw my Holly pup on the Dogs trust website you will see that the first words they used to describe her were LIVEWIRE! In all fairness in the kennels she was and she definitely is super hyper when she wants to be. Today however her “greyhound” side shined through and she was lazier than Darkley! (even me saying that Darkley is lazy can shock people!) I have been snoozing for most of the day after doing a nightshift and Holly has been snoozing next to me the whole time- even though she slept all of last night! In the house both of them are so super chilled out, they have bouts of playing and running about but they are nothing like how they are when they meet people!


The welcome I get when I get home from work or from going out is amazing. Darkley bounces about (doesnt jump up anymore yay!) and Holly wags her tail that much that her whole butt wiggles about! She also just gets so excited that she sometimes yelps out she is so happy and today she even grabbed one of my shoes and ran down the garden with it! 

So me and the animals don’t have much planned this weekend, doing a full clean out of the birds and lizards which was a lot easier without two pup noses poking in to everything! Holly still needs to learn “lay down” which she is really struggling with, she is doing well though with stay though which is awesome. Just bought a dog tricks book so might see if I can get Darkley doing something new too! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment