Welcome to The Critter Sermon! Where I will be talking about all things fur, feathered and scaled related! It may be general news stories or the adventures my own critters get up too! We are still new and spreading our wings so come back soon to see how we grow!





Sunday 25 September 2011

its all so quiet...bit too quiet!

Good evening everyone!



So I have finally got my first module for my animal first aid course and oh my lord I have a lot to study! Looks fun though because you have to take photos to show you know how to do certain things, like wrapping bandages. They say you can either use a stuffed toy for this or a trusting animal...I am sure Darkley would be amused if I did this! Excited to get started though!




So update on Holly, she now knows "stay" and "lay down"! awesomeness! As she is still settling I haven't been doing full on training sessions but just making sure I use commands a lot in day to day activities so she slowly learns them..she is picking them up fast though as she now knows, sit, paw, down, stay, bed, go out, get down and we are nearly there on her recall. She she is better on her own on walks..with darkley it is still a nightmare (I turn up to clicker class and agility all flustered and annoyed as the walk with them two does me in a bit!) I have the weaves set up in the garden for practise and I asked Holly to come try them..she followed a treat through the weaves like a pro then she trotted off to herd her basketball! Even though the vet is saying that she hasnt put on weight I really do think she has..her ribs aren't showing as much at all. She has also gained another inch in hight and is now 22inches shoulder to paw! just one short of Darkley! All in all she is doing very well I think and I am proud of my little girl!

 
This week Darkley has become a Cranefly/ daddylonglegs eating machine! Those bugs dont stand a chance.. he leaps up in the air and nom..gone! It is impressive to watch! So I have been working on Darkley's weaving and he is making some progress.. changed the command (by accident!) and he now enters the weaves better-ish! He is responding to hand signals further away from me now too so I don't have to be right next to him. The main issue I am having though is that when I tell Holly off for something Darkley always thinks I am telling him off even if he is nowhere near me and even if I use Holly's name. He also freaks out when Holly barks and attacks the lawnmower..he ran off and hid in the kitchen for ages! (I told Holly to bugger off and she sulked back in the house and kept an eye on the lawnmower from there!) Darkley also clipped a claw in a playfight this morning and has been feeling sorry for himself about that..no idea how he did it!



Something I haven't mentioned on here is that one of my rescued geckos ( Rain) is pregnant..they are unfertilised eggs (unless drizzle has been sneaking in to their viv at night!) but she has gotten heavy and huge! It isn't even the time of year for them to be doing this..so I am on gecko egg watch at the moment!


so nothing too exciting going on with the animals but the last time I said that drama came around! 












No comments:

Post a Comment