Welcome to The Critter Sermon! Where I will be talking about all things fur, feathered and scaled related! It may be general news stories or the adventures my own critters get up too! We are still new and spreading our wings so come back soon to see how we grow!





Sunday 11 September 2011

it was way too quiet in the house...

Oh my it has been one of THEM days! I should of just of hidden under my covers and stayed in bed I think!

So Tuesday marks me having Holly for a month and so far she and Darkley have only been on short walks around the block together. They are still a pulling nightmare but our walks are short enough that it doesn’t get overwhelming for me and frustrating for them. We also do not tend to bump in to many people or dogs on the walk….oh and there aren’t pigeons about too! Today I was brave and thought I would take them to the park at the end of my street. Soon as we got half way up the road someone saw us and crossed over and then a woman was walking towards us with her two dogs that went mad and started fighting with each other because they saw my two! The woman gave me a horrid look and snapped at me “don’t worry I will cross over!” Nice. So we get in the park and Holly spots a group of pigeons and starts getting worked up and Darkley spots a dog the other side of the park and becomes all alert and desperately wants to go look at the dog. Suddenly from behind me a cocker spaniel runs past and starts barking and chasing all the pigeons. Holly loses it and Darkley starts yanking even harder on the lead. A woman strolls past me on her phone ignoring everything that is going on, while I am entangled in leads and trying to gain some sort of order in my dogs. The spaniel comes flying over to my two who were polite but bouncing with excitement. The spaniel runs off and my two try and follow (dragging me behind them!) and are only stopped when this woman’s second dog comes over and plonks itself down between my two and won’t leave. Finally the woman notices she is a dog missing and half-heartedly calls its name and it trots off. I take a deep breath and drag my two to the nearest bench where I sort out their leads and try and get them to calm down. It took ages but we ALL calmed down finally and I was dragged home with my tail between my legs.

So as the weather was semi nice I thought I would hose down all of the bird cages and give them a good scrub. Both pups were lurking about and Holly thought she would help by trying to eat the hose/water. She yaps and runs about like she is processed which scared the hell out of Darkley who ran and hid behind the tree and refused to come and play. So I hose the last thing down and Holly leaps in to a muddy puddle that has formed next to me resulting in mud everywhere! There are splashes of mud over everything I have cleaned, the patio doors and me! So I rewash everything and dry it all and get it back inside and call Holly in to dry her and notice she smells a bit…nasty! She must of jumped in to something while hose chasing (even though the garden was poop free to my knowledge!) ugh! So I take Holly upstairs and try to bath her, she was not having any of it though! Darkley came in the bathroom with us and laid down and watched as I wrestled Holly in to the bath. Soon as I turned the shower on she bolted over my shoulder and sat looking distraught at the bathroom door. I kept her in the bath for five minutes until she leapt to freedom again but this time covering me and the bathroom in soap suds and water. I plonked her back in and calmed her again to get the bubbles off. Finally I dried her down and let her out and tried to make the bathroom look presentable again and not covered in muddy paw marks and fur. Darkley had run in to my room and sat by the hairdryer as we usually blow dry his fur after a bath. So he didn’t feel left out I dried his tummy down as he had gone for the hose a few times earlier. Holly decided that me doing this meant I was trying to kill her even though I was not anywhere near her! She ran about my room trampling over bags and other random mess on my floor before diving across my bed and trying to hide under my pillows. I rather abruptly told her to get the hell off the bed to which she responded by dropping on to her belly and laying as flat as she could on my bed, as if to make sure she could get the bed as wet as possible.  Mojo was watching from her vivarium with a smug look on her face as if to say, “See you should have stuck to keeping just lizards!”
So I finally got Holly off the bed and I tried to finish cleaning the birds out. Holly is still fascinated with them all, which is not her fault as they are pretty exciting little birdies to watch! Holly however is still hyped up from the bath disaster and comes running in to the living room and jumps up to see Casper. She knocks the cupboard under Casper’s cage which makes a loud thud just as I shout at her to go to her bed, resulting in a very freaked out Holly. She did however run and lay in her bed, which is a command I did not think she knew yet! While running away she knocks over a seed pot and there is now seed all over the floor.  Great. My mum keeps an eye on Holly as I finally finish cleaning the birds and I turn around and then kick the same half empty seed pot that goes flying across the floor spreading the seed over the other side of the room. Great, now I have to vacuum cleaner out and freak Holly out more.

My friends have been awesome though today when I nearly lost my mind on the walk. (I have made some awesome friends through my pups!)  Going to attempt to walk to clicker class tomorrow with both of them and try and get Holly started on learning her manners and to remind Darkley of his. I have to say though that Darkley has been pretty soppy after getting in from the walk, lots of cuddles and kisses from him!
I do hope the rest of today is uneventful…that would be nice..

No comments:

Post a Comment